We look back on over 60 years of successful company history: In 1960, Karl Wrede established his business as an agronomic blacksmith.
Karl Wrede was born on 25 February 1931 in Dingen.
1946 after 8th grade, he begins his apprenticeship as a blacksmith which he finishes in March 1948.
1953 he gets an additional certificate in horse-shoeing.
The company founder Karl Wrede starts his own business in 9 March 1960.
For this purpose, he leases the forge “Am Klint” from Nicol Thießen paying 20,- DM a month.
1966: establishment of the first own building at the current site in Eddelak.
In the following years, this building expanded further.
1977 it recieves the first permission for welding according to the norm DIN 4100/2.
1979: construction of a new steel construction site with 5 t cranes.
On 1 July 1990 , the company is licensed to the engineer Eggert Wümpelmann due to the founder’s old age.
In the following years, it grows to a size about 15 employees.
The production facility expands further.
The machinery develops in the direction of mechanical engineering. Agronomic technology is in low demand while mechanical engineering and hydraulic steelwork grows.
After 15 years, the lease ends.
1 July 2005: the second generation
He assumes the family company at age 32.
After some years, his parents sign over the company to him and he leads it as the only shareholder and Managing Director since then.
In 2018, a new office is built: The design department moves from Itzehoe to Eddelak.
On 9 March 2020, the company celebrates 60 years of existence.
Since the first quarter of 2020, the company is financially fully independent: There are no pending obligations to financial institutes.
The company does not lease machinery – not once since its founding.
In 2020, the company continues to invest over € 0,5 million – even in difficult economic circumstances.
For the fourth quarter of this year, a CNC milling machine with a carousel turning function of the type SORALUCE FL 5000 will be put into operation.